POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pov planet : Pov planet Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Pov planet
From: Tek
Date: 18 Jun 2003 13:35:07
Message: <3ef0a2cb@news.povray.org>
I was looking through the sample images for the IsoCSG library on Crsitoph's
site, when I suddenly realised it could do something I've wanted for ages:
accurate proximity patterns for csg objects. Okay it seems obvious now but it
never occured to me before :)

Anyway, this image is the same planet I posted ages ago
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/29888/ , but now with an
atmosphere. The atmosphere is a scattering media with density controlled by an
exponential function of the IsoCSG version of the pov logo.

Render time 13hours at 1100x1650. I think I might make this into a zazzle
poster, as soon as I can find a few days to do the render!

Questions/comments?

Now back to that julia...
--
Tek